torsdag 26. mars 2009

still not updating enough. even though I really should, as I was told we'll need links to blogposts related to previz work in the delivery come monday.

right now I'm puking up one shot after another to make the previz deadline. It's strained and unfunny (<--might not be safe). In theory I could do all major actionposes, time it right and be off, happily knowing what to do when real animation pushes up.
Thruth is a harsh mistress however, and when working on these shots, it's impossible to feel the animation. I don't know what small actions will break up the poses, cause diffrent timing and change the general of empathy. And I shure as hell don't have time (or desire) to sit and plan these things out.

the way I'm doing it now is simple; put the storyboard in motion and colours, so that it shows the individual situations and jokes of each shot, and take a leap of faith in the direction of timing, so that the previz won't be boring. Let's face it, if the previz is reasonably amusing, we're on to something. If not, we're off. I'm not claiming that "real" animation will turn the story from a crudly drawn penis in a bathroom stall to the roof of the sistine chapel. I am well aware that a previz shows the story as much as anything. But it won't look like a roadkill in July. We'll just have to take the critique on monday with a pinch of salt and realism.

although it might not look like it right now, I have a lot of faith in the story. I just can't whait 'till I get to do it properly.

Maybe I'll update with some pics tomorrow. We'll be finishing the last shots then, and we'll cut it all together on saturday.

Oh yeah, I have but a single link in this post. I strongly DISADVISE to browse through encyclopedia dramatica. For people who're very naive to what freedom of speech really is, it might be permanently scarring... strike that. It is permanently scarring to all people who doesn't realize that noone cares about your opinions, morals or mental health. You have been warned. Maybe way too late, but that's how the internets work.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar