tirsdag 17. mars 2009

I had gotten so good at updating, and then swoooosh.... tuesday, the week after. What the hell?

This week we're starting on previz. We still have some modellin, textures etc. to do, but we have to move forth. We's got a deadline for the previz and we have a lot of shots. Still we have a lot of stuph done and the previz will look mighty snazzy methinks.


I guess I'm just bored with just writing aboot the project. I'll start writing about less project related matters, just too keep me going. This way I'll always have something to write about, and if I always write at least a little bit about the project, I get constant update. Problem solved. Needs to be done, large part of the grade.

Just remembered; yesterday me and Andreas joked about switching a crashing sattelite we have in our story, with the Deathstar for laughs, and make it far more epic. It won't happen tho' as it is too corny, not fitting for the story and too much work. Speaking of fitting the story...

I regulary watch "Unskippable" on The Escapist, and their commetary on Onimusha 3 was hilarious. I've never played Onimusha (maybe the first, can't remember), but as I watched, it dawned on me how incredibly retarded the setting was. Of course, the Unskippable crew did their work on pointing out its flaws, but you could always say "Hey, it's a video-game. It's not real!". What dawned on me was the question of how this






got past some storywriter as a very good idea. It's flying murder-stingrays of doom! IN FRANCE! FRAAAAAANNNNCEEEE!!!!

I do realize it's a great way to introduce your second main character, a famous french actor. All props to the guy who got Jean Reno (correctly modeled even, he really looks like Jean Reno) to star in a videogame.


Jean reno with a sword that's on fire ups the awesome-factor quite a bit, BUT WHY FRANCE?! WHY SKELETON-SAMURAIS AND GIANT BUGS, IN FRANCE?!

The gamedirector has at some point not only approved this idea for production, but really thought it was a good idea.

It's rediciously funny, but somehow I don't think those who've worked on the Onimusha serries thought that their games should be this flaky. Japanese games like these (and after checking wikipedia, the other Onimusha games) are usually based around serrious settings. Oh yes, the crazy japanese have a lot of wierd humour. But after seeing a lot of this humour, I think I can go out limb and say that this was a descission made serriously.

Wow, now I've ranted alot. But hey, I made a blogpost. Long post short, I highly recomend "Unskippable", and I don't much approve of the setting made for Onmimusha 3. Props for Jean Reno awesomeness, but still. Damn!

Hopefully I'll update just about everyday from now on (except weekends methinks).
Now, to work!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar