mandag 2. mars 2009

Started modeling of the bunny we need for several of the shots. Was hoping to use the old Golden Rabbit from SuperMario64 as good reference, but apparently my imagination and nostalgia added some awesomeness to the memory of the model. The actual rabbit didn't look that well when I looked it up on Google.


Alsø, THIS isn't exactly what we're going for. So I'm basically using some sketches I have drawn and some of the storyboard shots as reference and free handing anything else.
It's been far too long since I modeled anything major in Max, and it was never one of my strong points. Combining that with software issues (with my TOTALLY legal copy of 3DsMax), progress is slow. But progress is progress non the less. I'm hoping there won't be too many problems with rigging and texturing due to poor modeling.



I've also realized I sorely need to get into the habit of blogging. It's a major part of credit in this project and it is kinda fun when you get into it. Maybe I'll add some random posts now and again, stuff that isn't strictly project related.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING; NOT REALLY RELATED TO THE PROJECT:

Aside from software issues, I finally had a chance to finish an experimental drawing of mine this weekend. Nothing extremely Escher, I just attempted to follow the extremely generic guidelines of extremely generic anime and manga. Note; wiki says that Anime is very a varied genre, something I'm very awear of. But still there is a major group that follows the same pathern... just writing this down so I don't get lynched by knowitalls. (Note; I'm being very carefull with the links :P There's a lot of great artists I don't want to call "generic" even though they tend to be :) )

Anyway, I came to the conclution that I don't really prefer to draw like that. I'll have to experiment a little more to find "my" style. Quite happy with the result non the less. But I won't post the pic here though, it's not really siutable for this blog D: But there will be fabiulous prizes to those who can find my second blog, where I post stuff under a different alias :P
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, BACK TO WORK!
Motto of the day; If you're still proud of what you did yesterday, you haven't done enough today!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar