tirsdag 13. januar 2009

Sat down with people today, reviewing what we have so far. Just to see if we might end up in a group based on the ideas we have. Some other people seems to have decided groups last year, so some snags with the whole grouping thing is to be expected. At least I like the people I talked to today.

Unfortunatly, we didn't really like eachothers ideas enough to dedicate ourselves to them. So we quickly ended up with a little brainstorming session, to se if we could come up with something everyone would be willing to work with. We are, after all, going to be working on this for the next 5-ish months. And we want something we can be proud of too. The brainstorming session turned up little but off colour jokes/ sexual and desturbing jokes. (I kept score, think we got up to 12 pretty quick)

Tossing ideas for moody, artsy stuff made me throw a treatment I wrote last year on the table. Thought it be good for inspiration, or kicks and giggles at least. Turns out they like the damn thing. Exept the ending, but I suck at endings, and we quickly came up with a better one. Now they truly believe we should make this. Although I write it a lot, I'm somewhat a sceptic when it comes to making movies about more "serrious" stuff. It's a lot of empathy calling, colour and a lot of stuff I have a problem putting down in a visual media. Also, I dunno if working on it for months is my greatest desire at the moment.

Nevertheless, my treatment is in the hand of a classmate of mine. He's going to run through it for a better ending, and perhaps transform it to more middleground of treatment and synopsis. Not that it was a textbook treatment to begin with. Meanwhile, I was supposed to come up with alternatives, more solid than concepts (as we have plenty of those). All I've managed to do, was draw a doodle comic. It was a fine breather from complete lack of output sence newyears. But I doubt it will do much good.


(CLICK FOR LARGE)


I've always wanted to do something with the grim reaper, but tea-party doesn't exactly scream good story. Indeed, it screams another bloody concept. (Still, I love how Grimmy turned out in "part" 4 and how the soldier hunches down by the table in the last one =^_^=)

hope to get something passing through my head over the next few hours. Used to have one of my yearly ideas to fall back on, something my classmates agreed with. Now they seemed rather optimistic about my mystery treatment.

Time will tell
if this ends well...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar